Worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction, Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and services for the construction and industrial markets. Its integrated solutions for the renovation of public and private buildings, light construction and the decarbonization of construction and industry are developed through a continuous innovation process and provide sustainability and performance. The Group’s commitment is guided by its purpose, “MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER HOME”.
Glass and Sekurit Glass
Weber Mortar and Waterproof
Gyproc Building Plasterboard
PAM Pipeline Solution
ZirPro Grinding Media
More Business in Aisa-Pasific
Our vision to the future
To be worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction, Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and services for the construction and industrial markets. Its integrated solutions for the renovation of public and private buildings, light construction and the decarbonization of construction and industry are developed through a continuous innovation process and provide sustainability and performance. The Group’s commitment is guided by its purpose, “MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER HOME”.
In 2022, Fortune Global 500 ranked 252. It has been ranked as one of the 100 most innovative companies in the world for 9 consecutive years. Saint-Gobain has been listed on exchanges in Paris, London, Frankfurt, Zurich, Brussels and Amsterdam. The group operates in 76 countries around the world.
Do you know Saint-Gobain?
It was created in 1665 by Colbert and built the Hall of Mirrors at the Chateau de Versailles in 1678.
Provides glass for fifty percent of all cars in Europe.
Supplied the glass for the Louvre pyramid.
Supplied the glass fiber needed to strengthen the bitumen the access platform to the Eurotunnel.
Insulates one-third of all homes in Europe and one-fifth in the United States.
Has equipped 80 capitals and more than 1000 major cities throughout the world with water supply ducts.
Manufactures the crystals used in airport security detectors and for medical diagnosis.
Saint-Gobain in China
Saint-Gobain has been present in China since 1985. With 1 major Research and Development Centre and about 50 manufacturing sites.
Saint-Gobain China offers our customers a large variety of solutions which could be found everywhere in our daily lives: from the home to the office, in cars and infrastructure, and high-performance materials for health and many industrial applications.
Saint-Gobain China currently employs thousands of people in China.
- 2021 Saint-Gobain Group: GROW & IMPACT! This is our STRATEGIC PLAN, our collective roadmap to 2025, addressing global environmental, human and industrial challenges, while fostering our sustainable growth through pioneering and efficient responses. It is about integrating a profitable growth model and the imperative of an ecologically responsible and socially committed development.
- 2018 Saint-Gobain Group: Transform & Grow. Our purpose is releasing and improving our competitiveness by optimizing the frame of orgnization, products and groups of solution cases.
- 2016 Saint-Gobain Group: New brand logo. The five primary colours of the new colour logo represent the mission of the group: environmental protection, high technology, innovation, comfort and happiness; the bridge on the left connects the past, and the building lines on the right represent our mission to create a comfortable living space.
- 2016 Saint-Gobain China (Changzhou): The first "Multi Comfort House" was unveiled. The whole house uses a variety of energy-saving and environmental protection building materials in Saint-Gobain which is the leader of green building in the future.
- 2013 Saint-Gobain R&D Center Phase II (Shanghai): Officially start up
- 2010 Shanghai World Expo, Rhone-Alpes, France - Platinum Partner of the Rhone-Alpes Pavilion
- 2005 Saint-Gobain R&D Center (Shanghai): Officially start up
- 1996 Saint-Gobain (China) Investment Co., Ltd.: Holding Company
- 1985 Establishment of the first representative office in Beijing
From 1665, glass provider for the Hall of Mirrors at the Chateau de Versailles
In 1665, Saint-Gobain set up its business by glass solutions, with the purpose of building the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles of Louis XIV. With its excellent products and advanced technology, Saint-Gobain won the favour of nobles, since then, a centuty-old enterprise was born. Saint-Gobain glass and glass solutions offer a wide range of finished glass products to various huge buildings and houses where people live in for windows, floor-to-ceiling windows, balconies and greenhouse glass walls, glass roofs, patios, entry doors and automotive glass. At the same time, it also provides a safe, high-tech and innovative solution for automobile glass market as a whole. What's more, Saint-Gobain can also produce all kinds of advanced glass, such as fire prevention glass, explosion-proof and shock-proof glass, dynamic dimming glass, high boron heat-resistant glass, crystallite glass of thermal conductivity, etc., to meet the needs of all kinds of applications.
- 2020 Saint-Gobain Sekurit (Meizhou), Site Commencement: Automotive glass
- 2016 Saint-Gobain Sekurit (Wuhan): Phase II Plant
- 2012 Saint-Gobain Sekurit (Wuhan): Encapsualted glass
- 2011 Saint-Gobain Central Sekurit (Qingdao): Automotive Glass
- 2010 Saint-Gobain Glass (Nanjing): Float Glass for building & automotive, Figured Glass
- 2008 New Namwoo Glass (Nanjing): Merged SG HanGlas (Nanjing)
- 2008 Saint-Gobain HanGlas (Nanjing): Float and Patterned Glass
- 2005 Eurokera (Guangzhou): Special Glass
- 2004 New Nanwoo Glass (Nanjing): LOW-E Coated Glass
- 2003 Saint-Gobain HanGlas Clfg (Qingdao): Float Glass
- 2002 Saint-Gobain Sekurit (Shanghai): Automotive Glass
- 2002 New Namwoo Glass (Nanjing) reorganized and changed its name to Saint-Gobain HanGlas (Nanjing)
- 1995 Saint-Gobain Sekurit (Shanghai): Automotive Glass
- 1994 Namwoo Glass (Nanjing): Flat Glass
The world leader in the ready-mixed mortar industry, providing new and refurbished total building solutions in 69 countries around the world
Saint-Gobain Weber, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Saint-Gobain Group, was founded in 1900 and has more than 200 factories in more than 60 countries supporting a strong sales network. Weber products cover exterior finishes and insulation systems, tile placement systems, flooring systems and technical mortar systems.
At present, China has become the second development axis of the Weber construction project outside the European continent, and its headquarters is located in Nanhui, Shanghai. Following the establishment of a production base in Shanghai in 2005, Weibo successfully acquired MAXIT in 2008 and opened another production base in Conghua in Guangzhou in 2014.
In this way, Weber has four production bases in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou and Wuhan, and the sales and service network covers the first and second-tier cities nationwide.
Weber Shanghai Headquarters
Covers an area of about 20,000 square meters. At present, the annual output is 100,000 tons, mainly producing exterior walls, technical mortars, and tile paving products. The production base provides services such as production, customer service, logistics, R&D and technical training.
Weber Beijing factory
The total investment during construction was 150 million yuan. The current production capacity is 300,000 tons, mainly producing cement-based self-leveling products, technical mortar and tile paving products. The production base mainly provides production, logistics, customer service and research and development services.
Weber Guangzhou Production Base
Guangzhou Conghua's new factory adopts global unified modular standards, and all production equipments are all imported high-standard environmental protection equipment. The management philosophy of the entire plant will continue to follow the WCM (World Class Manufacturing) management requirements that Saint-Gobain Weber has consistently implemented worldwide.
Weber Wuhan Production Base
The Wuhan production base is built in strict accordance with the global unified standards of Saint-Gobain. All production equipments are imported equipment similar to France and have sufficient production capacity. In addition to the production of ready-mixed mortar, the Wuhan production base will also play the role of the Midwest Logistics and Service Center.
- 2016 Saint-Gobain Weber (Wuhan): Industrial Mortar
- 2016 Saint-Gobain EMIX: Industrial Mortar
- 2014 Saint-Gobain Weber (Guangzhou): Building Materials
- 2007 Saint-Gobain Weber (China): Ready-mixed mortar
- 2004 Saint-Gobain Weber Green Building (Shanghai): Industrial Mortar
Saint-Gobain Gypsum Building Materials is committed to being a trusted building partner for customers
At present, Saint-Gobain Gypsum Building Materials mainly produces gypsum board systems, building plasters, insulation materials and ceilings. It provides aesthetic, thermal insulation, sound insulation, comfort, safety, environmental protection and innovative indoor building system solutions in 70 countries. With more than 130 factories, the sales and service network covers five continents.
Saint-Gobain Gypsum Building Materials (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. was established in 1999 with an annual output of 20 million square meters of high-quality gypsum board. The production base is located in the southern section of Jinqiao Development Zone, Pudong New Area, Shanghai. In 2005, Saint-Gobain Gypsum Building Materials (Changzhou) Co., Ltd. was established, with an annual output of 30 million square meters of high-quality gypsum board. In 2015, the Changzhou building gypsum powder production line was officially put into operation, with an annual output of 160,000 tons.
- 2018 Saint-Gobain Gypsum Building Materials (Changxing) New Plant Opening
- 2017 Saint-Gobain Gypsum Building Materials (Changxing) New Plant Foundation: Plaster
- 2015 Saint-Gobain Gypsum Building Materials (Changzhou): Land Plaster
- 2013 Saint-Gobain Gypsum Building Materials (Huludao) Co., Ltd.: Plasterboard
- 2005 Saint-Gobain Gypsum Building Materials (Changzhou): Plasterboard
- 2005 Saint-Gobain Gypsum Building Materials (Shanghai): Acquisition of BPB
Saint-Gobain PAM has been the leading expert in water transmission and distribution projects for over 160 years
Saint-Gobain PAM was established in PONT-A-MOUSSON in France in 1856, and has been the leading expert in water pipe systems projects for over 160 years with more than 1500 patents. So far there are 21 industrial presents in 9 countries, providing about 20,000 kilometers pipeline to more than 120 countries each year.
Saint-Gobain PAM is dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers and providing customized solutions for every water supply and drainage project. The company has established a strong sales network around the world, while also providing customers with a range of project support.
In 1997, Saint-Gobain PAM entered China, and now has one solely-invested production site, located in Ma’anshan city of Anhui province. The product range includes: K class DI pipe for water supply, PAMboo C class DI pipe for water supply, Integral DI pipe for sewage, ZMU pipe for HDD trenchless, fittings and valves.
With first-class production technology, strict quality management system, strong technical innovation capability, and professional technical services, Saint-Gobain Musong Bridge China is committed to providing customers with high-quality systematic ductile iron pipes, providing case studies and on-site guidance. Integrated piping system solutions such as engineering design.
- 2018 Elixair Ground Source HVAC Fresh Air System
- 2010 Saint-Gobain PAM (Xuzhou): Large-diameter pipes and fittings
- 2004 Saint-Gobain PAM (MAS): Pipes fittings and accessories
- 2003 Saint-Gobain PAM (Xuzhou): Ductile cast-iron pipes
- 1997 Saint-Gobain PAM (MAS): Ductile cast-iron pipes
Saint-Gobain Abrasives focuses on continuous global development and innovation in abrasives solutions
As a leader in the abrasives industry, Saint-Gobain's products are powerful, precise and easy to use, and can be shaped and surfaced even in complex and challenging applications.
Abrasives in China
Saint-Gobain Abrasives has a long-term commitment to China.
Established in 2011, the bonded abrasives factory has introduced many advanced technologies in products, equipment and process technology. It is an important strategic deployment of the Saint-Gobain Group in the development of abrasives and abrasives industry in northern China, further expanding the brand of NORTON products. Influence and visibility.
Shanghai No. 3 Factory
In 2011, Shanghai No. 3 Plant (Super Hard Abrasives Factory) was put into operation. Since then, all five categories of Abrasive products of Saint-Gobain have been locally produced in China.
In July 2008, Saint-Gobain's state-of-the-art coated abrasives factory, the Suzhou plant, was completed and put into production, fully demonstrating NORTON's high regard for the Chinese market and its firm commitment to Chinese users.
Shanghai No. 2 Factory
In 2002, the second factory of Saint-Gobain Abrasives for the production of resin-cut polishing discs and diamond tool products was successfully put into operation in Shanghai Minhang Development Zone, further enriching and perfecting the NORTON brand product line.
Shanghai No. 1 Factory
In 1994, Saint-Gobain Abrasives was put into operation in Shanghai. In May of the same year, the first NORTON brand ceramic bond grinding wheel was successfully launched, marking that NORTON grinding wheels really started to be produced in China.
Leader in polymer product technology
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is the world's leading manufacturer of high-performance polymer engineering products for virtually every major industry in the world. Our businesses provide customers with advanced technology in polymer products to meet the most demanding applications and support key industries.
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is proud of its roots in product innovation, technical expertise and market leadership, and is committed to working closely with customers to solve current application problems and future challenges.
- 2015 Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Hangzhou): Acquisition of ZenPure
- 2011 Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Qingdao): Acquisition of SolarGard film Business
- 2005 Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Minhang): High-performance plastics
- 1995 Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Shanghai): High-performance plastics
ZirPro continues to innovate, develop and deliver comprehensive high quality ceramic materials
Saint-Gobain ZirPro (Handan) Co., Ltd. is located in the Economic and Technological Development Zone of Handan City, Hebei Province, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain Group. In August 2005, the Group completed its holding control of Saint-Gobain ZirPro (Handan) Co., Ltd. The main products are zirconia (CZ), yttrium stabilized zirconium hydroxide (ZHY), zirconium carbonate (ZBC), zirconium sulfate (AZST). Various zirconium products and derivatives thereof, such as stabilized zirconia and ground (zirconium) beads.
Saint-Gobain ZirPro grinding media has been widely used in paints, inks, dyes, magnetic coatings, agrochemicals, mineral fillers and cosmetics since the 1970s.
LBM production workshop establishment
Establish a precision polishing and production plant
Technical ceramics enter commercial production
Zirmil Ce on the market
ZIRMIL.2 (second generation ZIRMIL) products on the market
Saint-Gobain ZirPro Co., Ltd. was established and has production capacity in China; chemical law stabilized zirconia powder products on the market
Stabilized zirconia beads Zirmil on the market
Production capacity of ceramic microspheres (RIMAX) and chemical zirconium powder
First production of ceramic microbeads (ER120)
ZirPro establishes a refractory production plant for glass furnaces
Ceramic materials focus on the development and production of various advanced ceramic materials
Saint-Gobain Ceramics is mainly engaged in the research and development and production of various advanced ceramic materials. The product range includes ceramic granules and powders, special refractory materials and ceramic systems. It provides customers with professional ceramic-based innovative material solutions to meet their applications. The demanding needs of the field.
- 2005 Saint-Gobain Ceramic Materials (Mudanjiang): Silicon Carbide
- 2004 Saint-Gobain Proppants (Guanghan): Proppants
- 2003 Saint-Gobain Advanced Ceramics (Shanghai): High quality Refractory
- 1998 Saint-Gobain Ceramic Materials (Qinghai): Silicon Carbide Grains
- 1998 Saint-Gobain Ceramics (Zhengzhou): Brown Fused alumina
- 1997 Saint-Gobain Advanced Ceramics (Shanghai): wear resistance products
- 1995 Saint-Gobain CeramicMaterials (Lianyungang): Silicon Carbide Grains
- 2004 Saint-Gobain Isoville (Gu'an): Glass wool
- 1996 Isover (Beijing): Glass wool
- 2012 Saint-Gobain Solar Gard (Qingdao): Automotive Film, Architectural Film
- 2001 Saint-Gobain Quartz (Jinzhou): Quartz Crucibles
- 2018 SG joint venture with Xiaoran group: Adhesive