• Sequential acceleration in organic growth: up 13.3% in Q3 2021 versus Q3 2019, confirming the good momentum in underlying markets, with volumes up 3.6%
• The Group is confident that it will be able to offset raw material and energy cost inflation over full-year 2021 given the sharp 8.7% acceleration in prices in Q3 2021 versus Q3 2020
• Ongoing optimization of the Group’s growth and profitability profile1:
Acquisitions signed contributing around €850m to full-year sales (including Chryso)
Divestments representing around €1,850m in full-year sales
• Annual targets confirmed: a very strong increase in operating income over full-year 2021 to a new all-time high, with like-for-like operating income in second-half 2021 close to the previous record of second-half 2020
• Launch of the “Grow & Impact” plan at the Capital Markets Day on October 6, 2021: strong commitment from teams to accelerate profitable growth and maximize the Group’s positive impact in the fight against climate change
Asia-Pacific: strong sales growth in the third quarter
The Asia-Pacific Region saw organic growth of 19.8% in the third quarter and of 15.9% versus third- quarter 2019.
While South-East Asia was hit in Q3 by a new COVID wave which temporarily stopped its strong dynamic, China continued to report robust growth over the two periods thanks to an upbeat market for construction solutions with double-digit organic growth in Q3 2021 vs Q3 2019 and a high leverage on operating income.
India’s recovery gathered pace – against a third-quarter 2020 comparison basis affected by the health situation – given the very robust growth compared to pre-Covid levels, driven both by volumes and prices.
1. Since the beginning of 2021