NORSEAL® Cushioning Foams
Norseal PF & silicone EV foams ensure a stable compression force deflection (CFD) over a wide range of compression rates. This makes it possible to compensate for battery cells' expansion and design tolerances. Over battery's lifetime the Norseal foam maintains their properties (very low compression-set and high resiliency), even under extreme conditions of temperature and compressive force. With those properties, they are able to maintain an optimal range of pressure on cells and maintain thermal contact between cells and heat sink.
• Norseal PF 45 medium firmness microcellular polyurethane foam
• Norseal PF 47 soft grade microcellular polyurethane foam
• Norseal silicone EV F12 soft grade UL VO recognized
• Norseal silicone EV F20 medium firmness UL VO recognized
Moreover, PF & silicone EV Series protects your cells against shocks and vibrations, increasing the battery pack safety. They are standard products whose properties (like CFD behavior) can be adapted to your design and technical requirements. If you need a flame retardant interface, Norseal silicone EV foams are listed to UL94 V0.
• For modest temperatures, PF series provides very good compression set resistance & consistent resiliency
• Norseal PF foams offer a tacky surface that aids in the cell assembly
• For extreme temperatures, Norseal Silicone EV foams provide excellent compression set resistance & resiliency
• Norseal silicone EV foams also provided added security with enhanced flame resistance to meet UL94 VO
• Lithium ION pouch compliant pads
• Cylindrical battery cell cushions